Yesterday was quite exciting in that Alien Spouse had it's largest ever number of hits (all looking for that post about the underskirt!), but the only problem with that is that today I have stage fright.
There are several subjects I was considering writing about:
- How excited I am that someone particularly lovely is planning to visit us in September. Hoorah!
- Why I'm not going to hear anything until August about that job I interviewed for last week, and how waiting for news like that makes me a little bit anxious.
- The inappropriateness of wearing a tartan mini-skirt to a career networking thingy, however informal it may indeed be. Which led me to ponder how very glad I am that I own a nice knee-length pencil skirt or two.
- The appalling customer service of certain credit card company that rhymes with Gnarklycard
- A good old fashioned "Aren't Friday's the best thing ever?"
All of which certainly do deserve a nice post in their own right, but I just can't seem to make them funny enough today!
Even more frustratingly, the one really funny thing I did think of is a story I reluctantly came to realise is one I should not fling out onto the web to fend for itself, because it would undoubtedly wander off with completely the wrong person. Which would be bad, although potentially hilarious.
Sometimes it's not easy writing a semi-anonymous blog about living in a small American town where not a lot happens, but, damn it, that's the task I've set myself and I shall simply struggle on bravely. I am British, you know.