Three quarters of the way now, this week my overall score was a B, which breaks down as follows:
- B - Three combat games, and a mind/body game. For some reason the difficulty levels have been dropped on the cardio and mind/body games but are still on the hard setting for combat. Have they not noticed that I am really not very good at the combat games? I'd have said cardio was my best zone personally, maybe the results say different. I did break one of my previous high scores but on a game that I had previously been really bad at. I forgot to swap back to Anna at the beginning of the session, but I did at the end of the days work out. I like how the trainer you are "leaving" pops up to reassure you that they don't mind you swapping, and that the other trainer is really good. Those avatars are so sweet.
- A - Two cardio, one combat, one mind/body and some abs toning, with a few push-ups just for fun. I am really pleased to have got an A, after a week and a bit of Bs.
- B - 1 Cardio, 1 Combat and 1 Mind/Body. It was my very least favourite of the combat games, and I did extraordinarily badly at it. However I rocked the other two games, so that's not so bad.
- B - 1 Cardio, 2 Combat, 1 Mind/Body and some abs toning. My proudest achievement of the day was completing the plank section of the toning, my arms are killing me but it was particularly pleasing to finally manage that.
And the measurements for this week are:
- Bust - 40.5 Inches (No change from last week)
- Bicep - 12 Inches (No change from last week)
- Waist - 36.5 Inches (Down by 0.25 Inches from last week)
- Hips - 43.75 Inches (No change from last week)
- Thigh - 24.00 Inches (No change from last week)
I think we can put the static nature of the measurements this week down to Spring Break Madness, I've been so busy trying to keep the Doc entertained (he gets bored very easily) that I skipped toning twice this week, because it doubles the length of the work out and I really only had time to fit in some cardio. I also have to admit I fell off the salad waggon a bit. No problem though, at least my waist ignored the trend and shed a bit more, plus no quarter inches were actually added anywhere!
On a side topic, I know I'm not the first person to point out that Alanis Morissette's huge hit "Ironic" (that video is really odd, is there an underlying subtext that is completely eluding me?) is mainly in fact ironic because none of the examples she uses actually are ironic. They are mainly unfortunate. Ed Byrne used to do a great stand up routine about this song, he is very funny.
Actually let's embed a lovely YouTube screen right underneath the jump here, so you can fully appreciate both of these points:
Anyway, so playing Kinetic on the PS2 and actually using it to re-shape my body made me think of a new line for the chorus of "Ironic" that I think actually works quite well. I've bolded it below:
"An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic ... don't you think
It's like losing weight, playing video games
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought ... it figures
Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
'Well isn't this nice...'
And isn't it ironic ... don't you think
Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face
It's a traffic jam when you're already late
It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic... don't you think
A little too ironic... and yeah I really do think...
Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
Helping you out."
And none of this actually has to do with any of my work outs this week, but once I thought of that line to that tune it got firmly stuck in my head. And if I'm going to be repeatedly singing 90's hits that I've partially re-written, I thought I should share with you. I'm kind like that.