First week of December - Time flies when you have a teeny tiny little dictator demanding all your free time! She's a funny little thing though, and very sweet.
Eva is learning new things all the time, and sometimes it surprises me what she does pick up and what she, apparently, resolutely refuses to learn.
Things Eva can do:
- Climb on things, she particularly loves to clamber onto things that are more than a bit rickety
- Recognise locations, apparently when she & Doc C come to pick me up from work she will say "Mum-Mum!" when they pull in to the car park
- Kissing, when she feels like it
- Pressing keys on computers, phones, PS3 controllers, whatever really
- Making a huge mess - Often in a very impressively short time (she really is my daughter clearly...)
- Say "Nan!", whenever she sees any cat or dog. All pets are called Nan now apparently.
- Ride on Doc's shoulders
- Climb downstairs, usually by herself, she will sometimes deign to hold a parental hand if she's feeling kind
- Feed herself finger food, particularly cheese
- Bop to music
Things Eva cannot do:
- Hold her own sippy cup at the right angle to get anything out of it
- Say "Bye-bye!"
- Say "Edith", poor Edith is still very attentive but she gets called Nan anyway
- Understand when a cat has had enough tail pulling - There have been, um, incidents...
- Sleep later than 6:30
- Ignore a camera
- Wield a spoon without splattering food on her clothes
- Get past the babygate (she has tried pushing things next to it and climbing up those though)
- Hide - She is always around the corner of the day-bed, and she can never resist peeking
- Avoid being adorable
Oh, and Eva LOVES having her teeth brushed, in fact we have to keep the toothbrush out of sight because if she spots it she becomes utterly insistent on it being used. It's really sweet. Damn it.